Sunday, March 22, 2009

Belly binding and some baby pics




So, if you've ever given birth to a nine pounder (or, heck, an eight pounder, or more than one child period), you've likely experienced the fluffy joys of stretched out abs and diasis recti (abdominal muscle separation).

I've currently got a nice four finger separation going on. :P Having already brought a four finger gap down to a one finger after one pregnancy, I know it's do-able. This takes away a great deal of wailing-in-front-of-the-mirror anxiety. I've been belly binding for a week along with very gentle modified postpartum exercises, and I'm already encouraged by the results: I look only a couple months pregnant rather than a full six. Hooray!

I've been using my Maya Wrap part of the time, and a plain old supportive old lady style girdle the other part, taking them off only to shower. It's been really helpful, at the very least, in getting my organs back where they belong, and in supporting my weakened belly and back while my muscles go back to being taut. This is a very good thing.

Anything that takes away the feeling of being punched in the gut every time you stand up is indeed a brilliant idea, as far as I'm concerned. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment